The MCC respects your privacy and we will only use your information in the way we describe in this notice. When using your information, we aim to be fair and transparent, and to follow our obligations under UK data protection laws. Your information is used for administering club membership, activities, events and competitions.
The MCC is the data controller for the purpose of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Our address is; The Motor Cycling Club Limited, Fernlea, Park Hill, Ipplepen, Newton Abbot, Devon. TQ12 5TU.
Collecting your informationWe collect your information when you fill in membership application, renewal forms, event entry forms, and when you volunteer. You can give us your information by using paper forms, electronic mans and verbally. The information you give us will include your contact details.
• Date of birth (Members only)
• Telephone number
• Email addresses
• IP address
• Vehicle details When you give us information about another person, such as a child, parent, guardian, or emergency contact you should let that person know that you have given us the information.
Using your informationThe MCC consider “legitimate interests” [article6(1)(f)} the lawful basis to process Personal data.
• Date of Birth (Members only)
• Telephone numbers
• Email addresses
• IP address
• Vehicle details The MCC believes this basis is the most appropriate to enable the club to function and maintain its long-standing business model. We use your information to administer the club when you apply to become a member, enter an event or competition, and volunteer to help. We also use your information to communicate with you via post, telephone or email (which you can unsubscribe from). For events and competitions, we will publish some of your information in the club magazine, event programmes and results, which will be in the public domain. To support your lifetime relationship with the MCC we may keep some of your personal data indefinitely.
Sharing your informationYour personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. It will be shared internally with the clubs, executive committee members, entry takers, event officials and the clubs administrators. Your personal data may be shared externally with; • Suppliers of the Clubs Membership database
• The club’s magazine printers
• Motorsport UK and the ACU
Your personal data will not be sold.
Security for your informationYour information is held securely by us. We have taken all reasonable steps, and have in place appropriate security measures, to protect your information. Your information is not transferred internationally.
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
The right to request a copy of your personal data which the MCC holds about you and a list of locations that data is held and shared with;The right to request that the MCC corrects any personal data that is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
You may ask us to stop using your information, and to delete it, although we maintain a skeleton set of your information. If you ask us to do this we will not be able to continue our contract with you. The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing; The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).