Author Topic: agm coming up.. new classes?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
agm coming up.. new classes?
« on: July 10, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »
i see that the AGM id nigh with specualtion that a couple of classes at least are up for discussion.. first up of my tuppence worth.. Quad bikes  (assuming thats two wheel drive varients..) a couple of concerns for NOISE.. when ever i see these things on the road i hear them long before i see them.. do they not have a quiet mode? only 4 stroke at its worst mode? secondly i ve only seen open wheeled varients (no mudguards) would that be appropiate with muck and stones thrown about .. other than that i see a potentially new class of competitor on a readily available ready to go vehicle, much as the buggy or two that have recently surfaced and should be encouraged.

secondly class R, a softer version of class O using fewer and smoother sections. a decent proposal to encourage older bikes cars combinations and even three wheelers less than half a dozen started the LE and to date despite ''encouraging noises'' none have yet entered the Edinburgh..  are competitors voting with their feet?

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: agm coming up.. new classes?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:17:03 pm »
The subject of quad bikes is listed for discussion on the AGM agenda.  Are you for, against, or willing to give quad bikes an experimental try with the club only committing to accepting future entries once we have feedback from all interested parties?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:14 pm »
Was there any decisions made regards a "step through" class?

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:41:32 pm »
No changes to classes.  If I recall it was because no-one had made any formal request for a change; it was just something that had been kicked around, figuratively speaking.  I daresay, if someone made a formal request and put forward a positive argument, it would be discussed again.  Might be the same result, but, if you don't ask, you don't get.