Author Topic: Has anybody got a second-hand map of the South West? (showing County boundaries)  (Read 3644 times)

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
If you have please send it to Simon Woodall!  :o

(we all appreciate your efforts, Simon, really..... ;D)

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
After I'd bought a set of ordnance survey maps for the Scatter Rally, I kept finding the same maps in charity shops.  Worth having a look and it supports a worthwhile cause  :).  Unless it's the RSPCA or the British Heart Foundation who've both been fined by the Information Commissionerís Office for breaches of data protection law in their fundraising practices.

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
I've been resisting the temptation to respond to this one, but you ever get lost on a trial, Rick, now I know.
If you READ what I said, I said that most of Cornwall had responded to my spelling mistake.   This remains true.   No one from Devon, with the exception of Rick and Greg Warren made any comment about my ability to spell Sourton Cross ( with an R apparently!)   Maybe the rest of Devon thinks its in Cornwall.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Wow; the significance of the post went straight across the top of my head   :-[ . But then I was born in north London so the south west is a foreign country to me; Devon, Cornwall, Somerset; it's all the same to me.  I get edgy as soon as I go west of Popham  :-\

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
Hahaha, yeh me too. All I gleaned from that is people down that way are touchy about how stuff is spelt. I've made a mental note not to write anything down when I'm down there in January. Wouldn't want to be responsible for it all kicking off  ;)

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
I've been resisting the temptation to respond to this one, but you ever get lost on a trial, Rick, now I know.
If you READ what I said, I said that most of Cornwall had responded to my spelling mistake.   This remains true.   No one from Devon, with the exception of Rick and Greg Warren made any comment about my ability to spell Sourton Cross ( with an R apparently!)   Maybe the rest of Devon thinks its in Cornwall.

;D oops! I expect you're right...in every respect!!

I do try to keep to the correct route - getting lost - anywhere - is not an option.

As I said before Simon; despite the ribbing, we all appreciate the work you and the rest of the committee undertake on our behalf.

Rick