Author Topic: Quick Lockdown Project - Engine Stand  (Read 62 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
Quick Lockdown Project - Engine Stand
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:41 pm »
Finally found a use for my broken workmate. It was a cheap'o one I bought from Maplins some time ago and it had a god-awful MDF top which snapped when I put something heavy on it. The frame is still like new and is fairly stable so I ditched the one remaining MDF top and turned it into an engine stand. Gotta do something in lockdown...

workmate with the one remaining MDF top.

I made a couple of mounts for my engine. the only place I could buy angle iron from during lockdown was B&Q. bloody most expensive metal ive ever bought.

the mounting plates will be bolted to the top of the workmate so that they don't move or tip over when the engine is in there.

engine mounted on ready get stripped. after this photo I took the engine off and painted the mounting plates so they look nice and pretty.  ;)

e

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: Quick Lockdown Project - Engine Stand
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »
That's a really neat idea and a good bit of recycling  :) .  I've been faffing about making a new route holder to replace the 'temporary' one I made 20 years ago.  It passes the time in lockdown at least.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
Re: Quick Lockdown Project - Engine Stand
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:02:44 pm »
Excellent....

I've still got a Black and Decker Workmate I was given as a present by my late wife Janet in about 1988...

I now use it mainly to Spray paint parts on...... :)
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4