Author Topic: Bamford Clough  (Read 14111 times)

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Re: Bamford Clough
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2020, 09:12:55 am »
I would think so, Stephen. It was interesting to see the recently posted old footage of cars going up Bamford. The bank on the left side didnít exist so the track was far wider, almost to the boundary fence by the field. It may be that the surface has become so eroded that the top of the bank was the original level but I doubt it, the bank is heaped in the middle. I suspect the wall on the right will have to be rebuilt; it had become very unstable just before closure.

I look forward to the day! 👍
PW.

Offline Tim Kingham

• Club Members
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2020, 10:43:45 am »
Bet that old concrete step is still there waiting for a crankcase or sump again
wasn't there a MCC memorial seat  put up there?

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2020, 11:26:48 am »
I would think so, Stephen. It was interesting to see the recently posted old footage of cars going up Bamford. The bank on the left side didnít exist so the track was far wider, almost to the boundary fence by the field. It may be that the surface has become so eroded that the top of the bank was the original level but I doubt it, the bank is heaped in the middle. I suspect the wall on the right will have to be rebuilt; it had become very unstable just before closure.

I look forward to the day! 👍

👍
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2020, 05:31:11 pm »
Tim, iirc, the memorial is at the top, beyond where the ď Section EndsĒ signs were placed. Quite appropriate, thinking about it!
PW.