Author Topic: Car passenger licences and MCC membership for the Exeter Trial  (Read 301 times)

Offline Keith Johnston

• Club Members
  • Keith Johnston
Car passenger licences and MCC membership for the Exeter Trial
« on: December 22, 2019, 11:58:47 am »
The MSUK licence changes came as a complete surprise to the Exeter organising team as it did most people. The passenger licence/membership requirement even more so. Such last minute surprises are part of the enjoyment I'm told of organising an event at the start of the year!!

Each car competitor final instruction pack contains two blank MS UK licence application forms for those who do not have an MSA licence. One form can also be completed by the passenger. These should be completed and handed in at the Control unless already applied for and licence/temporary licence received. MS UK also requires passengers to be members of the organising club. The MCC has decided that, in light of the short notice from MSUK, for the duration of the Exeter Trial only, those passengers who are not members of the MCC, who complete one of these forms, will have temporary complimentary passenger MCC membership. I trust this clarifies the position

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Re: Car passenger licences and MCC membership for the Exeter Trial
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »
I'd call that a very good solution (it ties in precisely with my own suggestion).
Hopefully it can be extended to future events, unless there is any other way forward.

But whoever suggested the idea that any passenger in a trials car needs to have a licence needs a reality check.
PW.