Author Topic: Photos  (Read 333 times)

Offline Tony Bishop

• Club Members
Photos
« on: October 20, 2019, 11:15:24 am »
Can anyone point me in the direction of any photographs taken on the 2019 Edinburgh ?
I have finally decided to hang up my MCC boots after 35 years, "tempus fugit" and all that, so it would be nice to have a final photo to celebrate.
I seem to recall there was someone taking photos on Excelsior so if that is so I hope I was caught whilst feet up on the Cub rather than in a heap on the restart slab !!!

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 03:10:30 pm »
"tempus fugit" and all that,

'Pon my soul....never realised there was a G in that....

Try the Classic Trialling group on Facebook?  Dave Cooke was out & about, I think?

Offline Tony Bishop

• Club Members
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 06:23:41 pm »
Thanks Alistair but I have never used Facebook and I don't propose to start now - not enough time left in my life.

If anyone else knows of another way to contact Dave Cooke I would be grateful.

Offline Tony Bishop

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:36:10 pm »
Thanks Ian,
I have looked at this link and there are only 7 Class A bikes shown, all on Litton and none of myself, although I didn't get too near the top which may well be the reason.
However I can't find any way on that site to contact Dave Cook to ask.
Any ideas please ?

Offline simonlewis

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 03:55:26 pm »
We are the same, didn't get going on Litton at all , exited via the gate at the foot of the hill (as per instruction) so didn't get within range of Dave Cook's camera. Did anyone get a shot of our Suzuki  number 152 (the one with the white Monkey logo on the black bonnet) ?

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 09:05:30 pm »
Re the comments above about Facebook. For all the reports of this and that etc. I can only say what I see.. 10 years ago my then 75 year old father made similar comments about been too old it been for kids and of no value to him. Well today at mere days under 85 he runs a small business based on Facebook he speaks to his sister 14000 milles away almost daily, he's spoken to and gone on to meet dozens of people who he spent time with in his younger years especially from his time in the merchant navy and in Hong Kong. Facebook has proven nothing but a tool for good in his  use and I cannot recommend it enough for folk of his age.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 11:03:53 pm »
I have finally decided to hang up my MCC boots after 35 years, "tempus fugit" and all that,
You're still looking pretty spry to me; you can't even be drawing your pension ::).  Just get an electric start :)

Offline Tony Bishop

• Club Members
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 04:23:37 pm »
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the comment but "I wish" that I was still waiting to draw my pension, been getting that for some years now !!!
The fact is that that the nights just drag too much out of me nowadays and, like long haul flying and hangovers, it just takes too long to recover as you get older. Add in the fact that I just don't seem to be enjoying the events like I used to and retirement is a bit of a no brainer.
The Cub was sold on Sunday to a local guy who wants a pre 65 one day trials bike but I still have the Serow which I intend to continue riding in daytime LDTs like the Yorkshire Dales and possibly the Derbyshire as well as on the green lanes of Suffolk and Essex.
Also I have a new project arriving in the workshop next week - a 1960s Ducati Elite racing bike fitted with a 1947 250cc Velocette MOV engine. Got to try a bit of track work before I fall off my perch  ;D ;D

Also, thanks Ian for the Facebook photo link.

And finally, thanks Mark for the comments about your father and Facebook plus congratulations to him. I have spoken to a friend yesterday who has just set my wife up on her choir group and a local Felixstowe group, maybe if we find that of any use then I might change my mind but at the moment I just have too many other things to think about - see above  ;D ;D