Author Topic: MCC open to VMCC and Now the TRF but not recipricated.  (Read 166 times)

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
Re: MCC open to VMCC and Now the TRF but not recipricated.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 07:08:02 pm »

As Keith states, they do not get the other benefits of MCC membership.

Which are exactly?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 07:42:08 pm »
3 copies of Celia's Triple. I really enjoy reading these.

I like this club, haven't met any numpties or aholes. Every one I ever met has been welcoming and very helpful. No one has ever picked fault with my bike and I've never been ostracised because of what bike I ride. Unlike some classic bike clubs I could mention.

So that's why I'll remain a member and will actively encourage others to join too.

And I look forward to getting a NOTW email every week too which no other club does.

Keep the faith guys.

But I do think we should charge non-members a day membership fee when they enter our events. Just like they charge us for entering theirs.

Rant over  ;)

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 09:38:56 am »
NOTW this week has a para  regarding TRF entries, etc...it is for a trial {!} period only, and there are limitations regarding non-members....straight from the holy-of-holies...

Offline Lee Sample

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 12:40:33 pm »
as someone who only really competes in the big three (i say compete with tongue in cheek, the ranger isn't all that competitive lol), I can agree with parts of both sides of the debate.

i think it is good that we are opening up entry to other clubs, as this will hopefully slow the dwindling numbers of entries.
from my perspective, i dont really mind that the other clubs charge us a fee to enter their events, as i probably wont enter them. but i can see that it could cause some to take issue that we don't charge a nominal membership fee for those clubs to do the same.

as i'm only a member of the MCCand my local MC, i dont have the problem with having two memberships that seem to do the same thing now, but if i did, i would probably be as miffed as Stephen, so i get his point.

I think that the best way ahead, would be to get the trial year out of the way as it is, and then look to either implement a small one day membership fee for other clubs, or negotiate a reciprocal agreement that they wont charge us - it's only fair after all.

cheers!

Lee

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 01:31:16 pm »
NEWS OF THE WEEK ending 14.09.2019

John Aley’s Informal News & Chat for MCC Members

Please Reply to: simon.woodall@themotorcyclingclub.org.uk

THIS WEEK   Last Saturday saw the Exec meet up, with muggins in the chair, as our esteemed leader – Dick Peachey – is unwell.   The meeting introduced two new/old faces, Keith Johnson who has been promoted to the role of Clerk-of-Course (Bikes) for the Exeter, and Phil Tucker, who has stepped up to the plate to become the new treasurer as Barbara Selkirk is stepping down from this role, with a transition period intended to be complete by the clubs financial year end at the end of November.   It was decided to add the TRF to the list of invited clubs for 2020.  Although the detail has yet to be thrashed out, the idea is that a TRF member gets to enter under the TRF banner for a year, but if he/she then wishes to continue to ride our events they would be expected to join the club.   TRF members cannot enter cars.

Of course, only MCC members get the NOTW....but there is no compulsion to read it.  [Seems 'Muggins' is a common name in club circles?]

As I posted below, this issue is being dealt with.  Note the provisos, and the limited entry rules [plus, no cars]...What happens after the one year trial period will depend on what arrangements might be made with 'invited' clubs?