Author Topic: Trials entry - Motorcycle ACU licence requirement etc.  (Read 961 times)

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Re: Trials entry - Motorcycle ACU licence requirement etc.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 11:16:54 pm »
Today's NOTW says that "Derbyshire Starters" won't get their numbers until the start so I doubt it will be possible to guarantee meeting up to ride along with those from Tamworth.

But a nice idea anyway.  8)
PW.

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 03:10:24 pm »
interpretation is everything.

derbyshire class is so cheap for a number of reasons..  the main one been.. no paperwork.. you will get final instructions route card etc but they will be emailed to you so you will know your start number well in advance.

however the actual physical numbers you ll pick up at the start along with your time card.   we re trialing this to see how it works and MAY extend it going forward. it means an awful lot less work for organisers and is a fair bit cheaper.. we ll see how it goes and report on its pros and cons to the executive post trial.

first motorcycle main trial is scheduled to leave the duke at 05.57 first derbyshire is scheduled to leave at 09.30. we have a number of pre 65 bikes in the derbyshire class though so you will soon be broken down by the side of the road with fellow like minded folks :)

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 09:15:20 am »
Broken down? I'll have you know that my bike is from India.....using the very best 1950s technology.  ::)
PW.

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 02:35:54 pm »
Broken down? I'll have you know that my bike is from India.....using the very best 1950s technology.  ::)

Is it better to remove the sari guard?  :)

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 04:49:39 pm »
Only if I choose not to wear my sari on the event....
PW.

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 08:45:39 am »
      first motorcycle main trial is scheduled to leave the duke at 05.57 first derbyshire is scheduled to leave at 09.30.   

Looks like the timings are way off Paul. Me and Rick have both requested early numbers too which won't help. Never mind it was worth asking the question.

Thanks for getting back to us Mark, hope you had a nice holiday.

I'm going to switch to class C. I'm going to be using a relatively unknown bike for the first time and it will be my first time doing the Edinburgh on a bike too. let's save corkscrew for next year.

Who do I need to inform regards switching classes?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 08:15:34 am »
Thanks Ian

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 11:29:16 am »
You might want to make this change before Saturday night.    When the entry fee goes up, any changes of entry include a check to see if the change involves any additional fee, and the system will see that you only paid 65 against an entry fee of 80 and will want to take 15 off you!

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 08:08:14 pm »
Mark, so what hills will the derbyshire class A do? or should I say what do they miss out on over the main trial class A.?

im tempted to switch to this having read your other posts and seen that there are a number of class A guys in that group.

im a bit nervous about this enfield im building. it will be close to the wire for me getting it finished in time, so it will be largely untested.

if its going to break down id rather have done a few hills first. nothing worse that it breaking down on the ride to Carsington.  ::)

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 08:19:24 pm »
there is no class A on Derbyshire class. 

Derbyshire competitors can attempt any hills their vehicle is qualified to if  your vehicle doesnt qualify or if you simply dont fancy the challenge there is an alternative.. 

eg   class A qualifoed vehicles would do corkscrew but on the derbyshire the rider of such a machine can choose corkscrew or brand top whilst the rider of a class E doesnt have the choice they could only do brand top

Derbyshire is about access giving competitors a ride out on an MCC trial to either test themseleves or their vehicle. there will be awards though so make the right choices on the day..

change your entry smartish though.. although changing after the closing date will be a real headache for the organisers as your number will change and the way you get your road book etc etc 

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 09:01:30 pm »
ive changed to class c. going to stick with my pals.  ;)

thanks for the response tho mark.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 06:26:19 pm »
 :)