Author Topic: Which hills ?  (Read 745 times)

Offline Tony Bishop

• Club Members
Which hills ?
« on: July 05, 2019, 02:02:11 pm »
A few friends of mine are thinking of entering the Daytime Trial whereas I will probably ride the main trial.
Which hills does the Daytime miss and do they ride Litton and Corkscrew ?

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Re: Which hills ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 08:18:23 am »
I read somewhere recently that all the main trial hills are included, apart from the ones on the night part of the route.
PW.

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 06:42:07 pm »
hi

Great question!

the purpose of the Derbyshire is to make the Edinburgh open to all. New starters, old hands, MCC novices anyone in fact that wants a taste of MCC trials.

The Edinburgh's Derbyshire class is the bargain of MCC trials...only £50 to enter.

Start and finish at the same place ( Duke of York Pomeroy) with breakfast served form 5.30am

The class will follow the main trial daylight route exactly. every section none missed out. No Derbyshire competitor will have restarts!

we are actually running the class as two classes on the day..

Derbyshire A = vehicles eligible to attempt Corkscrew ( usually classes A B C 6 7 8. )

Derbyshire B +and ineligible vehicles for corkscrew  (1 2 3 5 4 d e plus anybody else else who could have had a run at corky but doesnt fancy it!)

equally when all competitors get to Litton they can make a choice there and then, which to do? The Slack or new litton

plus you can then get back to the Duke for about 4.30 for the craic  and even camp or caravan for the evening

something for everyone we hope :) we ve had a lot of interest especially from motorcyclists (TRf members and local pre 65 trials riders) and VSCC and historic sporting trials drivers who want to take their cars out on the iconic sections.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:41:16 pm »

we ve had a lot of interest especially from motorcyclists (TRf members and local pre 65 trials riders) and VSCC and historic sporting trials drivers who want to take their cars out on the iconic sections.

They do have to join the MMC right?

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »
 No. Not even the MCC. Traditionally all three trials have invited
named clubs and the Edinburgh is no exception. We have chosen to invite national and Northern clubs in recognition of their support for the trial historically and in the present and frankly because they have large local membership. We are making huge strides to bring down barriers to entering MCC trials and access is one.

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 07:43:41 am »
Oh you can get an adventure style bike up no problem ;)

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:42:50 pm »
named clubs and the Edinburgh is no exception. We have chosen to invite national and Northern clubs in recognition of their support for the trial historically and in the present and frankly because they have large local membership. We are making huge strides to bring down barriers to entering MCC trials and access is one.

Mmmmm… So they get to do the MCC trials without MCC membership. Whereas the MCC members have to pay a yearly fee to accommodate them.... Don't seem right to me....

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 09:04:34 am »
Mmmmm… So they get to do the MCC trials without MCC membership. Whereas the MCC members have to pay a yearly fee to accommodate them.... Don't seem right to me....
The invited clubs still have to pay the full trial entry fee.  What they don't get is copies of Triple, NOTW, a vote at the AGM and an invitation to the Testing Trial.  They may not be invited to some of the other MCC events either, depending on the Clerk of Course. 

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 10:46:45 am »

On the other hand, MCC members can entre a whole host of CRTs without having to be members of each individual organising club.....

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 01:39:09 pm »

On the other hand, MCC members can entre a whole host of CRTs without having to be members of each individual organising club.....

So can anyone that is a member of an ACTC club enter any ACTC event.. Except MCC events.....

I don't get it... Surely we want people to join the MCC don't we?

I doubt if there is any reciprocal arrangement where MCC members can do TRF, VMCC or Other freeloading groups events.

How in any way is this justified?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »
Just got my entry in. going to do class A on my Enfield Bullet 500.  ;D

think Mark has done some good work on this event this year. Ive been telling everyone about the daylight event too, hopefully get some newbies involved.  ;)

cant wait. hope the weather stays good, last year was very wet.

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 09:16:43 pm »
Just got my entry in. going to do class A on my Enfield Bullet 500.  ;D

think Mark has done some good work on this event this year. Ive been telling everyone about the daylight event too, hopefully get some newbies involved.  ;)

cant wait. hope the weather stays good, last year was very wet.

See you at the start - I've entered on my Bullet 350.  ;)
PW.