Author Topic: Testing trial  (Read 623 times)

Offline Alan Rayner

Testing trial
« on: June 26, 2019, 08:56:35 am »
Hi   everyone  im  setting of for The  event  friday morning and have not seen final regs yet  could some one tell me start time as  will not have access to  computer .

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
Re: Testing trial
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:02:08 pm »
Finals will go out by e-mail sometime on Thursday, but you can see the timetable for Sunday in the Regs
https://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/TT19_Regs.pdf
and the current entry list can be seen at https:/www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/pdf/2019/TT19_EntryList.pdf

Offline Alan Rayner

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:40:20 pm »
Thanks for that  Simon  anno domini  catching up should have thought of that .

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 06:47:02 am »
ugh i had'nt relaised it was the same week end as glastonbury and so close.. anywhere i should avoid enroute from the north? coming down saturday pm.

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 03:10:15 pm »
I don't think there is a good way,  leave the M5 at J23 onto the A39.
The A39 is slow even on a good day so it may not be too bad - even if it seems that way.
At the junction with the A361, (8-9 miles?) fork half right onto a minor road.  There's pink building on the corner (I think)
You should now be clear of the Glastonbury traffic.
Stay on this road to the Give Way, straight over, left at T and you are on the road into Keinton Mandeville.
Watch for the MCC route markers to guide you into the venue.
Simples.

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 10:40:11 pm »
The best route in from the North is the first Bridgwater M5 juction onto the A39. Its quite a nice drive upon straight roads from here and does not increase the mileage that much. Watch for the speed camera approx. 2 miles after leaving the motorway. At the first junction you come to turn left. Take a right turn by the Cross Riffles pub signed to Somerton.  There is a short cut which your sat nav ought to pick up which is at the next junction a X roads  go straight across. Then take a left signed Kenton Mandiville.
In respect of Glastonbury Pop Fest.  Apart form road closures in and around the site, which is at Pilton (not Glastonbury) the traffic will be minimal because the festival is still on with the thousands inside. It finishes Sunday night but some leave early so traffic build up will start towards the end of Sunday afternoon. Being within 15 miles of the site upon Monday is a nightmare which we have got use to. Accidents upon the A303 occur every year upon the Monday  -  it must be the tea ? It is true that if you live locally there are cheap tickets.
Jonathan L.

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 12:26:40 am »
As a competitor the day at the MCC Testing Trial was an enjoyable experience. Loads of points but no prizes for us. Two fellow competitors suggested to me that the 30 sec penalty points for hitting a cone was a bit harsh, in consideration to the time span of each test. Having a lesser penalty per cone would afford a competitor to perhaps, stay in the running for an award. This is a valid point and perhaps one worth considering. Stacked against this, is those that currently come out top, are very good. There is also a safely aspect to the event. The tests have to be of a short duration and the speed of any vehicle has to be controlled by the course laid out.  The counter argument could be that the positioning of the cones could become tighter and would have the same effect.
This ends up as, “ends against the middle” with the likelihood of gaining points by hitting more cones. N.B. This is written as a competitor, and it is only the C of C who ultimately takes responsibility and calls the shots. (but 20 points would suit me better).  Over to you ?
Jonathan L.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 11:47:52 pm »
Two fellow competitors suggested to me that the 30 sec penalty points for hitting a cone was a bit harsh, in consideration to the time span of each test. Having a lesser penalty per cone would afford a competitor to perhaps, stay in the running for an award.

I tend to agree.... Possibly 10 seconds penalty....

And routes I can remember...…... :)

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 08:12:22 pm »
Since your owning up to having trouble remembering the routes, I can say your in good company !
Jonathan L.

Offline Alan Rayner

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 09:30:46 am »
As  a fellow competitor  sunday  must say absolutely love this event and well done to the organisers as far as bikes  go i think this event is unique  iv,e never come across anything like it particurly great for us oldies i think as we can give the old girl a bit of stick without sticking our necks out to much or pulling to many muscles . Hopefully will be back again next year.  Great.    Alan Rayner .

Offline Alan Rayner

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 09:36:50 am »
Forgot  to mention my son  had his camera on my bike sunday for a few sections some un edited  footage can be seen on You tube   https://youtu.be//izm9TKTSETs

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 01:36:21 pm »
great day out really enjoyed it

With average test times of 15 seconds, 30 seconds penalties meant the slower but sure won the day.  In my case enthusiasm and joie de vivere s easily surapassed car control and the 7's braking ability so although i only beat the DNS and DNFs we had huge fun.

a bit of queueing on a couple of tests but hey the sun was shining and the skies blue ( just like they will be once more On the Edinburgh this October)

even the 5 hour journey was of value due to the bbc coverage of glastonbury on saturday afternoon and sunday evening.