Author Topic: MCC 2019 Rally  (Read 300 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
  • ring ting ting ting....
Re: MCC 2019 Rally
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:39 pm »
   The doctor who saw the evidence "first hand" was in a military hospital and it was about thirty years ago, so I'm afraid if you need "hard" evidence you will have to carry out your own medical experiments on your own software ...  ;D 

Hey Paul,  are you saying you were part of some military medical experiment?  ;D

If so do you now have a super power?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:51:38 pm by Jason Potts »

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 05:38:35 pm »
The Somerset Scatter navigation Rally took place in sunshine and showers this weekend. With changing road conditions, those upon two wheels had to keep their wits about them.
Every year, out of the many control clues, some, somewhere go missing. Previously the sign “Thieves operate in this area” was stolen.  This year a large cast iron cow, which I had checked a month ago, disappeared   – Q What animal is here ?  caused some confusion but has been resolved within the results. We expect to have results out within the week. Many enjoyed this years Scatter.  There were enthusiastic requests to retain this event within the MCC calendar, upon which the “Jury” is currently out.
Jonathan L.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 05:53:46 pm »
This year's event was superb ;D.  The night stage saw just a few drops of rain, nothing really; the day stage had some outbursts, but they were quickly over.  The road surfaces, night and day, were interesting, some reminiscent of the approach roads to a main trial section.  If you think this event is a poor relation to a main trial, forget it.  It is a tough event, made less tough only by the planning beforehand, e.g. make a plan A, then plan B and even plan C.

Off-road, or some sort of block pattern tread were useful on a bike this year because of the water and mud surfaces.  I wouldn't have liked to do this year's event on road tyres.  Having ridden into a field in the night (intentionally), I had a hell of a job getting out even with TKC80 tyres on the bike.

Perhaps the larger demographic for this event is with the participants of navigation rallies.  This could be a means to increase MCC membership and ultimately entries for the main trials.  Just a thought ???

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 06:15:25 pm »
All the bike you need to enter the Somerset Scatter.  Though, others have done the scatter on more and less powerful bikes and been in the awards.  My W650 the Sunday morning after and about 700 miles later.

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »
   The doctor who saw the evidence "first hand" was in a military hospital and it was about thirty years ago, so I'm afraid if you need "hard" evidence you will have to carry out your own medical experiments on your own software ...  ;D 

Hey Paul,  are you saying you were part of some military medical experiment?  ;D

If so do you now have a super power?

No, just took a severe knock while serving in the RAF! I think my "superpowers" helped save me....the Army docs weren't much good though. Anti-biotics don't help much in those circumstances (no idea why they thought they might); the loan of a wheel barrow would have been better for a couple of weeks, lol!
PW.