Author Topic: MCC 2019 Rally  (Read 52 times)

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
MCC 2019 Rally
« on: May 12, 2019, 04:56:27 pm »
The MCC Rally upon June 15th 2019 is set to be as good as ever. What makes this event different to other Scatters is the siting of the Controls. Of the 80 locations chosen for competitors to visit there is a mix of fantastic views, long straight roads across Exmoor and the Somerset levels. For those that think it would be too tame for them to enter we have thrown in some challenging road conditions. We tracked down the fords, wet roads and the very twisty. Those MCC members who are familiar with poor surfaces to drive and ride upon will not be disappointed because Somerset offers some broken surface metalled roads, the worst of which we found. To be fair to everyone the Final Instructions provides a guide as to what types of roads are in every Control area. All locations have been driven to in a standard saloon car on low profile tyres.  Rarely is there a competitive event which runs at the pace you do. In the past ultra-competitive individuals have gone out for maximum points. To the contrary people have found places to spend most of their time and enjoyed the experience. Lastly it is the only MCC event which combines bottles of champagne, Crystal Apple Awards, all you can eat breakfasts and a post event meal.  Entries are still open for a few more days via this Website.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:06:31 pm by Jonathan Laver »
Jonathan L.

Offline Toby Galbraith

• Club Members
Re: MCC 2019 Scatter Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:13 pm »
Does anyone need a driver/navigator for this? I thought I would be working and couldn't attend, but now I'm not and I can! Reply here or drop me a message...