Author Topic: we went in stealth mode  (Read 114 times)

Offline Tim Kingham

• Club Members
we went in stealth mode
« on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:30 am »
For once we went in a car did class R in my Vauhall miriva (no I didn't know the name either until I bought one) its just an anonymous dark diesel  front wheel drive tin box.  But the thing is that we were not seen by anyone, nobody took a photo, and one marshal asked us I we didn't mind waiting for a moment  as there was a road trial going on .. and then he saw the numbers :-)
But it was great fun, my wife enjoyed driving I enjoyed looking at a dry route card and if I run out of motorcycles again I wouldn't mind another car  -but it will have to be a diesel they can certainly go up hills, perhaps not  FWD though.

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
Re: we went in stealth mode
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 09:06:16 am »
Perhaps you d like a drive around the Peak district in your car, in October For the 2019 Edinburgh we have a very picturesque route around the dales in our 100% tarmac route. starting at midnight class R will be finished just as the pub opens at noon as well.

more details for all classes first week of June.

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Re: we went in stealth mode
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:02:20 pm »
I drive my Liege / ride my Royal Enfield and explore the Peak District about twice a month and over the years I have tried many of the legal byway sections (plus a few more that are more challenging than those used on the Edinburgh). Could I be found guilty of practicing?
PW.