Author Topic: Update from the Swedish rookies.  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Mossberg

• Club Members
Update from the Swedish rookies.
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »
Report from Sweden.
Itís quite silent in the LET forum. I red in the weekly letter that there marshalls missing for some stages. Hope it can be solved, we canít help from our side.
For us three from Sweden, we think we have everything under control. Car ferries, simple hotels along the road. And of course mechanical preparation. Gunnar has bought a new spark plug. Thatís all for him, he is full of confidence. My brother has dramatically changed the gearing of his impressive KLX 650. From something very long legged to something more suitable for steep hills. And myself, I have concentrated on good lights. And I will put in new filling in the exhaust muffler.
By the way, we have contact with a Swedish motorcycle magazine, have there been some swedes in the trail before us?

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: Update from the Swedish rookies.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:55:36 am »
Gunnar has bought a new spark plug.
Just the one!  That is confidence :)

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:23:23 pm »

:D

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:22:03 pm »

It is a 4 stroke Paul. I only take one when I use the honda. Never needed it.

I take a bag full when I use the CZ. And condensers.  ;D

That thing's been known to eat through both.  :o

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 05:38:41 pm »
Well done Ulf, Gunnar, Lars!

A great shame about the spark plug issue on Hackmarsh where I was one of the observers (I'll say no more).
A pleasure to meet you after the finish - we chatted outside the Travelodge.
By coincidence I also drove behind you as far as the M5 services at Exeter this morning on your way home (I was in the blue Fiat Panda).

Good luck and safe travel on your return journey to Sweden - please come again!

PW.

Offline Mossberg

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 09:52:53 pm »
Thank you Paul,
Yes Hackmarsh was an interesting psychological drama. I flipped over, the bike did not start. I was exhausted and..... sad.
But the bike started, my brother encouraged me, the sun rose. A couple of section later life was perfect again. And Blue Hill, I think..... must wait for the results.
Right now we are in Belgium. We must discuss next year.....

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:21 pm »
Well done lads. Good to meet you, hoped you liked our event. Have safe journey back and come over again soon.

Offline Mossberg

• Club Members
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 06:34:57 pm »
Well, still living š in some sort of coma. Three days in the car to Hayle, 30 intense hours on the bike, three days back. But Iím happy! Project, started as some sort of dream two years ago, completed!
But there must be some sort of list with the results?

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 07:19:30 pm »
The results are almost compiled. If we're lucky, there will be an announcement in News Of The Week (NOTW) this week.  It's usually a link so you can download an electronic version.  At a later date, a paper version of the results is posted to each competitor.

No gold for Lars; I saw him fall off at a section.  A silver perhaps?

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 09:56:44 pm »
They all deserve an award just for getting to the start!  8)
PW.

Offline Mossberg

• Club Members
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 11:19:49 pm »
No gold for us Swedes. We all had a couple of complete stops. But why not an other year.....

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 07:34:32 am »
Hey, it was really nice to meet you guys and I'm so glad you got back home OK. My Hart sank a bit when I realised we'd lost you during the night section. We kept asking people if they'd seen you guy's and when someone told us they had seen you take a wrong turn at a roundabout I was getting worried for you. I was glad to see you again at Sutcombe. We looked for you at the breakfast stop too but didn't see you. I was glad to see you riding past only a few miles from the end. We'd stopped to help a friend of Rick's who's triumph had brocken down.

No gold for me either but had lots of fun.

It must have been an epic trip for you and I hope you will come back and maybe try one of the other trials. The lands end is very long, if you want to see some really beautiful scenery have a go at the Edinburgh. It dosnt go to Edinburgh anymore, just zigzags around the Peak District. Not as long as the lands end but very challenging and awesome scenery.

But please do a write up so we can read about your adventure and hopefully see you next time.

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 12:39:19 pm »
No gold for us Swedes. We all had a couple of complete stops. But why not an other year.....
Or a Swedish Land's End perhaps? I dunno; take the TET ....Jonkoping to Malmo say??  8)

Offline Mossberg

• Club Members
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 07:50:55 pm »
Dear Jason, yes we lost you during the night. But you made us feel better when we easily got to Bridgwater. Them we navigated ourself, and we made it. I was lucky for that. Thank you for your help before the meeting and during the event,
We shall sit down one evening and read the rules and road book again, we never fully understodd the requirements for time at a couple of sections.
To arrange a Lands End in Sweden? Yes, that woud be a Dream!
But before we have done that I would recommend the gravel roads of the counties Všrmland and Dalarna. If anyone have any questions aboy a trip in Sweden, on two or 4 Wheels, I would be happy to assist about the local conditions. Sweden is not so expensive today. //Ulf