Author Topic: Lands End Map 2018  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
Re: Lands End Map 2018
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 08:57:42 pm »
.   We look forward to write something about our three days drive from Sweden, the darkness in Cornwall, left hand traffic, the shore of the Atlantic and British motorsport culture at its best. And the 2200 km drive back. 

I look forward to reading about this.  ;)

Also I look forward to the ride up to the start with you guys from Plusha. Also a beer at the end?

I got booked into this place

The White House Inn
Penhallow
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
Truro
United Kingdom
TR4 9LQ

Anyone else staying here?

Offline Gunnar Norén

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 07:27:25 pm »
Hi
As Ulfs participating friend in this adventure I can tell that we will stay at the Travelodge hotel in Hayle, Carwin Rise, loggans, Hayle, TR27 5DG UK. A lot of abbreviations but I think we  will find it.

we look forward to both the race and the beer. We are meeting every Tuesday doing planning, it is a large mind map.

See you

Best regards

Gunnar

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 09:37:21 pm »
.... doing planning, it is a large mind map.

Excellent!

Anyway the Travelodge Hotel you seek at Hayle is on the main road through Cornwall called the A30. If you miss Hayle and get to Land's End itself, stop for two reasons:

1. it is the end of the land. It gets very wet if you go too far. :o
2. The owners of this iconic bit of Cornwall will charge you a fee to get in. Don't bother.  >:(
Go to St Just and get some fish and chips, and ride down to Cape Cornwall instead. Then ride back though Zennor to St Ives and Hayle. 8)

No need for mind maps - Ordnance Survey maps are all you need. ;)