Author Topic: Honda CRF 250l  (Read 830 times)

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
Honda CRF 250l
« on: February 01, 2019, 01:15:46 pm »
My old Xr250 was a little brutal for my liking ( and it was a kickstarter) the crf250 l seems in fairly common use, is it lighter lower and is anyone using the latest model which seems to have a lot more and wider plastics?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
Re: Honda CRF 250l
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:58:58 pm »
I test road one last year. I was going to buy one brand new. The dealer offered to throw in bark busters, bash plate and lowering kit all free with the ticket price.

The test ride was good, it had enough go in it to pull up hills and fast enough on the road to stay with the traffic etc.

I just found it too tall for me. Even with the lowering kit I would have struggled on restarts otherwise I would have definitely bought one.

There are some useful YouTube clips telling you how to get more power out of one. From what I gather they are quite restricted due to emissions legislation. Also I think people are binning the ABS post purchase too.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:21:55 pm »
As far as I understand ABS does not work below 5MPH.... So would still lock up a rear wheel if required?

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 07:43:00 pm »
Never had a bike with ABS so can't comment.

This guy has a lot of good things to say about them. It was his blogs that got me interested.

In his later videos he reviews the most popular mods too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juixpCRAtwA

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 11:40:33 pm »
Be interesting to see a Trail bike with traction control.....   :)