Author Topic: blue hills instructions....  (Read 413 times)

Offline Antony Moore

• Club Members
  • honda xr250
blue hills instructions....
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:36:58 am »
Hi guys,

Class B motorcycle.

My third attempt at this, and I want to get it right this year. Previously I have failed due to messing up on the instructions, eg not stopping astride section end. I put this down last year to lack of brain function after a hypothermic overnight trip over Exmoor!

After reading the instructions, it looks like the requirement to stop at section end has gone for all apart from bikes on road tyres?

RE-START FOR ALL CLASSES (MOTORCYCLES ON
STANDARD ROAD TYRES STRAIGHT ON JUST BEFORE
RESTART AND STOP ASTRIDE SECTION ENDS).

Am I reading this right?

cheers Tony

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: blue hills instructions....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:55:15 am »
I reckon you're reading that correctly for Blue Hills 2.  I ride in class B and don't recall ever being asked to stop at the section ends.  Just don't fly through the section ends; there's a lot of people wandering around the exit from the section; some aimlessly ???.

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:59:31 pm »
Going straight on and then stopping astride the Section Ends is a requirement for Standard Tyre bikes and Class O only.
If you don't stop astride the ends line, you run the risk of running over one (or more) of the winch crew, into whose domain you have intruded!

You MUST stop astride the Blue Hills One ends board.   Make sure you are properly astride.   Stopping short means you are still on the section and therefore that's a Fail.   A least a dozen people make this error every year!

Offline Mark Gregg

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 08:23:41 am »
i usually stop short of the ends cards... about 50 yards short ... not this year though :)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:34:20 pm »
I did class O last year and went straight on at the top without stopping. Climbed up without putting a foot down but obviously failed. Doh!

I was tired and running on adrenaline and redbull. Doing class B this year so even more to remember  ::)

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:31 pm »
After reading the instructions, it looks like the requirement to stop at section end has gone for all apart from bikes on road tyres?

You're quite right Tony. There has been a stopline at the top of the main trial deviation a couple of times over the last ten years, 2012 certainly.