Author Topic: Small Stick-on MCC Badges.  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
Re: Small Stick-on MCC Badges.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 07:06:58 pm »
They are not the ones.

The smaller ones are 56mm in diameter and for external stick. (I.e. Bodywork, Mudguard. Etc.).
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 07:07:47 pm »
I have sent him an e-mail.
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »
Reply from Peter:

Hi Stephen,

The original external stickers made are about 70mm diameter but I had some smaller ones made
which are 56mm diameter but have a cogged style edge not circular.
I use these for new signs and equipment. Someone commented these can come unstuck when attached to
not flat equipment. You are welcome to try these at same price as original £0.75 plus SAE .

Let me know 

Regards

Peter.

:)

Offline Jonathan Laver

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 12:57:50 pm »

The Club image is very important and requests from Club members to have items currently not available will be responded to positively. I think badges suitable for bikes is something that has been missing for a long time. Be this stick on or a small metal badge. A spiky metal badge upon a bike might not be the best idea but could work if suitably sited. Another option would be to have the small metal bike badge with round smooth edges as opposed to the current cogged edge of the car size? There was a range of small AA & RAC badges issues for bikes.

While upon the subject of badges, other than the events we put on, the best value for money the MCC has to offer is the MCC Car Badge. This is a beautiful chrome and enamel work of art, for not much money. A year ago, there was a second hand MCC car badge for sale upon eBay at over £100. Someone thought it was worth it –  but I don`t know if it sold. With their weight and quality, it makes me wonder why some car competitors put them on the front of their vehicles and not the back. Having moved the screen wash bottle, horn etc on my car to the rear, I have a stick on badge upon the screen. Dare I suggest that a comparable polished aluminium badge be sources when our current stock runs out. There are some lovely enabled light weight badges now available (which did not exist in the past).  I would hate to think of the replacement cost for our current version. While we are there, a smaller bike version could be acquired if the demand existed. Stick on or metal – what is your view ?

Peter Batty is the man to sort out regalia requests. Currently he is fully occupied sorting out the thousands of equipment items require for Exeter 2019 and arranging to get them all to the right places at the right time then back after the event. Big Thanks Peter.  This is no small task, so sorry guys he will have to get the Exeter sorted before he looks at your request for small stick on badges.

Jonathan L.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 02:58:00 pm »
While upon the subject of badges, With their weight and quality, it makes me wonder why some car competitors put them on the front of their vehicles and not the back.

;D

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 03:02:13 pm »
Would actually be good to have a smaller enamel badge for Motorcycles say 40mm diameter with a 4mm screw in the centre of the back of the badge.  :)

Offline Simon Woodall

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 03:08:12 pm »
Many other clubs do the same (the MCC used to give out stickers to Land's End entrants) and as well as being good publicity for the club and its events at low cost, a collection of event stickers on one's chosen machine makes a nice record of your efforts.

These stickers were produced and paid for by Peter De Savery's Lands End Attraction he also pumped money into the event and as far as he was concerned, these stickers were as much adverts for the Attraction as they were the event.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 11:27:17 pm »
Possibly Print "MCC" on the Competition numbers?

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 07:43:15 am »
I recall there were sheets of those smaller "cogged" stickers on the stand at Powderham a couple of years back being used as "flags". Fortunately I snaffled a couple but then I've sold the bikes I put them on doh!

I'm up for a referendum over stickers to be provided when you ....er....join the club.  :D

But not when you leave of course. Then you'll have to peel all the stickers off, return then to MCC headquarters, and pay an exit fee many times what your vehicle is worth  :o

Or you can just walk away and hope to join the "friends of route 66 off-road" or similar.  8)

david@whitepost.me.uk

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 08:29:26 am »
Now now!  Are you the MCC's Ben Elton?

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:29 am »
Tufty, I've been called many things but never Ben Elton!

david@whitepost.me.uk

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »
Tufty, I've been called many things but never Ben Elton!

Sorry!   :-X

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 09:14:23 pm »
Ben Elton no but he was referred to as Jonny Wiessmuller once when he answered his hotel room door wearing nought but his pants.

He may have been expecting Stevie Nicks  ;D

Offline rick howell

• Club Members
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 04:00:51 pm »
Ben Elton no but he was referred to as Jonny Wiessmuller once when he answered his hotel room door wearing nought but his pants.

He may have been expecting Stevie Nicks  ;D

Oh I wish, Jason, I wish. A proper scratched record ("Rumours" of course) when you and Rich turned up instead. >:( >:( ;D

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 05:43:40 pm »
Whoa!  Too much information :o.  How did we get from stickers to underpants ???