Author Topic: New Criteria for Triples  (Read 295 times)

Offline Ian T

• Club Members
New Criteria for Triples
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:29:28 pm »
Anyone any views on the new criteria for Triples: https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclingclub/posts/569210896874784?__xts__[0?

Offline David (tufty) White

• Administrator
  • getting away with it so far
Re: New Criteria for Triples
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:17:51 am »
I like it.  Keeps people in the game so they're more likely to enter the other trials if they mess up the first one.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 03:07:14 pm »
Yep. Agree. The way it was may years ago.. I could never see why it was restricted to only a year. As the effort to gain any gold is the same. The only reason I can come up with was to save the club money for trophies.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:10 am »
It might cheese-off existing winners of a Triple award after some years of attempting to get three gold awards in the one year. And there are some, who retrospectively, could have won a Triple.  I think it dilutes the award a bit, but the Club is trying to keep members and, apparently, that was the award criteria in the past.

I should add that I've never got close to getting a Triple :(.

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:56 am »
Then the answer must be, create a new award for doing the same thing, and leave the 'Triple' as it was?

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 02:36:56 pm »
The Triple originally was awarded for Three Gold Medals in a row....

The Three Gold Medals in a Year is a relatively modern thing.

Offline Ian T

• Club Members
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 09:49:35 pm »
I like it.  Keeps people in the game so they're more likely to enter the other trials if they mess up the first one.
That's the idea. One trial will always have the fewest entries, but this way maybe it won't be the Edinburgh.

Yep. Agree. The way it was may years ago.. I could never see why it was restricted to only a year. As the effort to gain any gold is the same.
Yes, the effort is the same. I wasn't aware it used to be like this for any three consecutive Golds.

Now, does this mean that we will have to have an awards ceremony after each trial instead of only after the Exeter? Not long ago we had a social event after each trial. What's the appetite for resurrecting this?  ;D

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 10:29:31 pm »
Now, does this mean that we will have to have an awards ceremony after each trial instead of only after the Exeter? Not long ago we had a social event after each trial. What's the appetite for resurrecting this?  ;D
Hadn't thought of that scenario. I reckon you'd have to do a survey through NOTW; not enough opinions would be expressed through the Forum ::)

But a post trial meal would be just one more thing for the Clerks of Course for the Lands End trial and Edinburgh Trial to deal with.  Unless someone would volunteer to sort it out  :)

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »

:)