Author Topic: Front tyres  (Read 201 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
  • ring ting ting ting....
Re: Front tyres
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 10:17:39 pm »
Tried, no good.

It doesn't change the fact that the tyre is too big for the swing arm. Setting of at the start of a trial with the wheel almost all the way to the back of the slot with no means of adjusting the chain other than messing about taking links or half links out isn't for me. Especially in the dark with numb fingers and rain running down my back. You've only got to lose the clip and its trial over.

Thanks for the advice though guys and hopefully catch up with you on the Exeter.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:38:46 pm by Jason Potts »

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 02:19:08 pm »
So where it states 'Class C only' this is now extended to ALL classes?

That's good news because im using a Bridgestone trailwing on my class B Honda. Only fitted this because I was really struggling to find a tyre that would fit. I was worried I would get told no by the scrutineers.
You're now ok to use the Bridgestone Trail Wing 302 in any bike class.  I discussed the matter with Dick Peachey (Competition Secretary) today.  The SSR 2019 will be amended at some time to reflect that extension, but you will be ok for the Exeter Trial 2019.

The Trail Wing is a range of tyres, available in a variety of tread patterns.  The pattern specifically mentioned by the MCC for use in all bike classes is the TW302. Other Trail Wing tread patterns would be acceptable provided that their tread pattern was no more 'aggressive' than the current class C tyres, which are the TW302, Continental TKC 80, Michelin T63, Dunlop 603, or Kenda 270.

Hope that helps.

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
  • ring ting ting ting....
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 06:40:15 pm »
Welcome back Paul, been any where nice?

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 09:07:57 pm »
A bit off-topic, but since you ask ;).  Spent four nights in Paris :).  Apparently, there were riots by the 'gilet jaune', but all we saw was a bunch of riot police on foot and horseback, milling about, then a ramshackle load of 'gilet jaune', ambling down the boulevard ::).  All the teargas, fires and excitement was somewhere else.

Loads of bikes and scooters tearing around.  Saw a couple of nice-looking Moto Guzzis and a few, neat, Mash motorcycles http://www.mash-motors.fr/en/203-motorcycles , looked interesting as an MCC trailer.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 02:37:28 pm »
The pattern specifically mentioned by the MCC for use in all bike classes is the TW302. Other Trail Wing tread patterns would be acceptable provided that their tread pattern was no more 'aggressive' than the current class C tyres, which are the TW302, Continental TKC 80, Michelin T63, Dunlop 603, or Kenda 270.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Paul. Very useful information.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »
Possibly put that in NOTW.