Author Topic: Aldon Amethyst (DIY ignition programmer for distributor equipped engines).  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
For sale due to engine type change:

I have a barely used Aldon Amethyst Ignition unit for a distributor equipped engine.
This was fitted to my Reliant engined Liege (which used a Lucas D45 distributor) for about three summer months.
The car now has been converted to a Suzuki engine which uses an ECU so this is surplus to my needs and is back in its original packing and in excellent condition.

This unit converts almost any distributor to programmable, digital ignition so that it no longer relies on the often unreliable and worn out bob-weights, springs and vacuum capsule. The ignition curve parameters can be changed at will by the use of any Windows or MAC laptop (software included). Aldon support is online and can be found here:

http://www.aldonamethyst.co.uk/

I also have the locked up Lucas 45D4 equipped with an "Aldon Igniter", which readily attaches to make the system "plug and play" with either a Reliant 750/850 or a BMC A Series or early Land Rover engine.

Contact me by private message for further detail. Paul W.
PW.

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
Update on the above:

This was included in the weekly newsletter, without me being made aware! It's generated a lot of interest and some questions.

To clarify a couple of things:

The Amethyst unit is the vacuum type, it's not suitable for a boosted engine. Aldon sell another type that is (for £150 plus carriage plus VAT).

The Aldon Ignitor in the dizzy is an LU144. This is for the sliding points type of dizzy. The fixed points type of dizzy needs a LU143.

I don't have a coil included in the sale. A non-ballasted 12V coil can be used, ideally a Lucas Sports coil or similar should be used.

Thanks, PW.

PW.

Offline Paul Wheatley

• Club Members
NOW SOLD
PW.