Author Topic: Exeter 2018  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: Exeter 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 08:19:02 am »
regards disabling one of the drives, we let Grand Vitara's in..... just saying.  ::)
You are correct, but that particular club member had been entering his Vitara before the regulations changed. The SSR now state 'Any four wheel drive vehicle modified to operate in two wheel drive is prohibited'.  I believe this club member is allowed to continue to use this vehicle, but with the understanding that when/if he sells it on, the new owner will not be able to enter it.

But getting back to the important point, when are you getting the Morris Minor body to stick on your X-90 chassis  :) .  We probably need a new topic in General Discussion  :)

Offline Peter Savage

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 09:31:18 am »
I think the response to my plight goes some way to explaining why 160 members have decided to forgo this year. My evidence is my finishers certificate, my proof is the series of marshals cards and my excuse is that no body gave me a second chance - unlike many starters who I repeat for those who missed the point  arrived with non compliant cars . Keyboard warriors mentioning teddies just add to a sad situation and are unlikely to woo the 160 back to the fold. Ill strap a Teddy to the front of my car on the lands end for your benefit Alastair - rest assured it will stay there for the ride.

Offline Alastair Queen

• Club Members
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 01:52:17 pm »
and my excuse is that no body gave me a second chance - unlike many starters who I repeat for those who missed the point  arrived with non compliant cars

Oh well, your decision.  After all, one of the points of a classic reliability trial is...you only get the one chance....at everything.  Those who rectified faults did so before they started, as in, officially started the trial.   

Not sure about the keyboard warrior comment?  Or who it may have been applied to?  When comments are made on a forum, then responses are also made.  When I last did an Exeter  [and signed on, as well as signing off...] , any dissatisfaction with the way I was treated on an event could be dealt with by the organiser, usually via a letter.   It's known as the 'Official Protest' procedure.

Or..I could go and bleat down the pub afterwards....but few, if any, heard it or were bothered.

Luckily these days we can all post our dissatisfaction on the net for the world to see. 

Why 160 members chose not to renew their MCC membership this year, I wouldn't like to say.....except perhaps, it is a sign of the times we apparently now live in?  Maybe those lapsed members cannot justify the cost of competing, or don't actually feel they get enough from the MCC to continue paying?

Perhaps folk looked to the MCC membership as a means to an end?  An end which is now no longer relevant to them?  A lot of people join clubs, or societies, or 'special-interest' groups, for what they can get out of that group, or club

Rather than, what they could also contribute? 

Perhaps the MCC trials lack the glitz and credibility that can be found in other forms of automotive enthusiasm?

Perhaps folk don't like the responsibility that goes with being a competitor, or an organiser, of this type of event?

Who knows?......

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
  • ring ting ting ting....
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:47 pm »
But getting back to the important point, when are you getting the Morris Minor body to stick on your X-90 chassis  :)

sorry to disappoint Paul but I don't have the space, time nor skill-set for this kind of undertaking. however last weekend I did take these photos in Conwy of this stretched Suzuki SJ chassis/Moggy hybrid.

how awesome is that.. :o

Ps. sorry to the other people for interrupting your rant. seems two conversations have occurred on the same thread.  :(

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:00:39 pm by Jason Potts »

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 08:17:01 am »
Awesome is an understatement  ;D  That vehicle would make a great course opener, or closer. I had a moggy pick-up back in the late 1960s to haul my trials bike about, but what I'd have given for this set-up.  Again, apologies for hi-jacking the thread.