Author Topic: Beta Alp 4.0 Topics  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: Beta Alp 4.0 Topics
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2019, 12:27:53 pm »
I'd been after some technical data on the Beta Alp 4.0 and couldn't find anything definitive on the internet so requested the data from a dealer.  He kindly sent me the complete workshop manual as a pdf file.  When I say complete, I mean as complete as Beta made the manual.  For example there's nothing on rear suspension.  The engine section appears to be a copy of a Suzuki workshop manual because the most of the images look as if they're scans from the Suzuki manual.

I'm not sure what issue the manual is at, or what model years it covers because there's no date, or model years on any of the pages, however, the file name is MSS_Alp4_M4_Ing (003).pdf so there might be a clue in the '003'.

If anyone would like a copy, pm me your email and I'll send a copy.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2019, 10:47:39 am »
Beta never changed the specifications for the 350 since day one. Only the plastics and lights/loom.

The engine would be the last DR350. With or without kickstart. (You can get a kit to put one on if you need to).
 :)

Offline David (tufty) White

• Administrator
  • getting away with it so far
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2019, 11:01:24 am »
Beta never changed the specifications for the 350 since day one. Only the plastics and lights/loom.

The engine would be the last DR350. With or without kickstart. (You can get a kit to put one on if you need to).
 :)

I had the kickstart put on mine.  Never got it to work as the foot rest stops the full ark of the lever.   :o   :(

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2019, 06:29:37 pm »
Yes you do get 1/4 of a kick with it..... I found that if yer battery was not enough a 1/4 kick whilst holding the starter button in usually started it....  :)