Author Topic: that was awesome  (Read 948 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
that was awesome
« on: October 07, 2018, 07:04:48 am »
Thanks to all the Marshals who stood out in the rain all night and a big thanks to the organisers too.

The weather turned out sunny on Saturday after 12.00 and the views were just incredible.

It was my sons first LDT, he was navigating and he didn't send me wrong once. He said he really enjoyed it and I couldn't be more proud of him .

I failed just one, first section in the woods at dudwood farm. Got to that big tree root and couldn't get over it with the back wheels. I'm claiming a copper but we were way over time due to delays so hope that's taken into account. Nice to see some familiar faces again and met some new ones. Good to see Paul Brooks (former owner of my car).

Wish everyone a safe trip home, going back to sleep now.

Zzzzzzz

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: that was awesome
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:03:25 am »
A big thank you to all who ran the Edinburgh Trial especially the marshals.
Second that.  It can be tough on a bike when it's wet and cold, but at least you're moving about and generate some heat.  But for a marshal/observer, it must be even tougher.  They're stood still for a lot of the time, then have the added pressure of writing down the correct competitor number, their correct performance and keep the observer card in a clean state.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
Re: that was awesome
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 02:11:21 pm »
Thank you. Me an Liuda & MCC Crew on Incline, plus two friends.

Lots of warm and waterproof clothing plus flasks of hot drinks. (And the ability to stand on a step hillside). Or in Rogers case five hours of tree hugging). :)