Author Topic: Bike Tyres - Class C Proposals  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
Re: Bike Tyres - Class C Proposals
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:09 am »
Hi Ian, yes got one of those ensign tyres on at the moment. I did the lands end with it on this year. Generally speaking it  performed well. Lots of grip on the road (and snow) and was very good on loose ground and the rocky sections. Eg. I climbed the BH2 section with no problem but in mud it was awful.  The blocks are very close together and get packed out straight away making it very slippery and just spin. Because the tyre is narrow and my rim is ment for a wider tubeless tyre I can't let it down too much either. I'd be risking punctures or the tyre slipping and ripping the valve off the tube. I was just looking for a better alternative to that tyre. If I can't find one I'll just carry on with it.

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:55 pm »
I bought one of these Bridgestone Trail Wing 4.10x18 tyres yesterday. a local bike shop had one on the shelf and I got a discount so very happy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinnis-Blade-125-2008-Bridgestone-Trail-Wing-TW302-Rear-Tyre-4-10-18-59P/401007775797?epid=1139578164&hash=item5d5ded1035:g:voUAAOSwyXhZ2Ygu

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 02:31:59 pm »
Because the tyre is narrow and my rim is ment for a wider tubeless tyre I can't let it down too much either. I'd be risking punctures or the tyre slipping and ripping the valve off the tube. I was just looking for a better alternative to that tyre. If I can't find one I'll just carry on with it.

Double Rim-Locks. and file the tube valve hole oval. Wind the tube valve stem nut up to the base of the valve cap.
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4