Author Topic: Testing Trial.  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Brad Mason

• Club Members
Re: Testing Trial.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 03:51:12 pm »
No Email I'm afraid. Tyre details here:     http://dbracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_106&products_id=297

The bike is registered and road legal

Thanks Brad

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Club Members
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47:38 am »
Probably need to talk to Simon.

Everyone else will be using Trials Tyres as per ACU & MCC Regulations.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 10:18:21 am »
Everyone else will be using Trials Tyres as per ACU & MCC Regulations.
Not strictly true.  The MCC SSR do allow some non-trials pattern tyres as the extract copied from the 2016 SSR shows below.

'The space between the tread blocks must NOT extend across the complete tyre, measured at right angles to the tyre wall unless broken by a block. In addition competitors in class C ONLY will be permitted to use either Continental TKC 80 tyres or Michelin T63 tyres.'

To my eyes, the tyres comply with the SSR because the space between the tread blocks doesn't extend across the complete tyre; they are also described as dual-sport tyres, not enduro tyres.  Anyway Brad, the latest update I have had from the organisers is below.

'I am sure we can accommodate both the 15 year old, and his tyres.  I will have to check with the ACU about the use of enduro tyres in a trial, as these are prohibited by the ACU but I am told one can apply for a “waiver” to allow such things in a “special” class.'

Offline Brad Mason

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 11:37:03 am »
That's good news. The lad just wants a ride out on his new bike before he takes to the road next month. As he's neither an MCC member or has ACU registration who do I contact to get him in?

Thanks

Brad