Author Topic: Class R  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Bill Rosten

• Club Members
Class R
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:44:20 am »
Class R was inaugurated in the Land's End this year. Dreamt up to give a flavour of pre-war events with less challenging sections and more time controls, it gave the 3 entrants a good event. Some suggestions have been made that we ought to make it do-able in/on any vehicle such as m/cycles on road tyres and your average modern car. It's important not to increase the need for more marshals so Class R will share sections with Class O and thus more tarmac sections. I will be doing a recce in an old style 2wd Fiat Panda in a week's time. Share your thoughts on this attempt to bring in more competitors.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: Class R
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:12:30 pm »
Class R is good idea to attract new members, who once they've had a look at the other machinery competing in the main trial, may well be tempted to give that a go in the future.

Will they have an opportunity to have a crack at a special test on the tarmac; line A, line B, then line C?  Anyone who enters an MCC event has a competitive element.  This acknowledges that no extra marshals will be required for this class.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 04:33:59 pm »
Class R will be discussed at the next meeting of the Executive Committee on 9th September.  If you have any opinions on any aspect of class R, please voice them here, or in NOTW so that they can be taken into account.

Offline Bill Rosten

• Club Members
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 10:57:47 am »
My idea for the Land's End is to use about 6-7 sections used by Class O (mostly, but not exclusively) tarmac, tighten the timing for Class R and get them to do the timed observed tests. They will start from the main starts as they did this year. The Edinburgh and Exeter teams may have different ideas. I hope that this may prove a 'starter' class and the entrants might want to get further involved, to then enter either the main trial or Class O. I think it must be able to be entered by a machine that is 'off the shelf', hence borrowing my wife's Panda for the recce which has had no trials preparation.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:41:13 pm »
Might be more than a starter Class... Sounds a fun thing to do...
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4

Offline Tim Kingham

• Club Members
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 10:26:16 am »
How about intoducing a age related element into class R a few connections to the Vintage club and you have some compeditors one only has to see the popularity of the VMCC Relay Rally to see the effect

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 07:53:33 pm »
Are you suggesting a Minimum Vehicle Age?

As at the moment vehicles of any age are welcome...

So nothing to stop older vehicles from competing.....
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4