Author Topic: ACU National Road Rally 2020  (Read 260 times)

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
ACU National Road Rally 2020
« on: August 13, 2020, 07:35:34 am »
The ACU are holding this yearís rally albeit not at the usual date and itíll be a day event on 12 September; no night run.  It is a chance to get out on the bike :); you could even do the event on a trails/trails bike.  Entries are open online at https://www.nationalroadrally.co.uk/nrr/entries.php .  Social distancing is paramount this year so no manned controls, instead, at each control location, a National Road Rally sign will be put up with a unique code printed on it.  SSR are available as a pdf download.  Iíve entered, but the matrix is not available yet so havenít worked out a route.

Offline Dermot Murray

Re: ACU National Road Rally 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 11:02:19 am »
I entered the daytime event back in 2012 on my trusty Honda CB500 It was a really well organised event.
That old bike took me everywhere including a couple of European trips, and still took me to work every day.

I think I should have kept it.

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
Re: ACU National Road Rally 2020
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 07:38:19 am »
Yep, my experience of Honda is their bike engines are bullet-proof.  I vaguely remember going into a dealership years ago (1970s) to get spares for a bike; there was a guy after a crankshaft ball bearing for the engine of his 50 cc Honda.  The bearing was as big as the crankshaft bearing in my pre-unit Triumph, which I think was 650 cc.

Mind, having said that, why did the guy need a replacement bearing  ???