Author Topic: Forum Use  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Tim Kingham

• Club Members
Re: Forum Use
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
Get photos sorted and see how it goes
Then a few references to photos in the weekly news would get some feet in here

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 02:37:23 pm »
Yep if only posting photos here could be made as easy as Facebook...….
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 07:57:29 am »
Yep if only posting photos here could be made as easy as Facebook...….
There's Jason's instructions on uploading images at http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73.0 ; that's pretty good.

Offline Tim Kingham

• Club Members
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 09:39:06 am »
Although I have dabbled on 4 wheels I am by choice a motorcycle competitor my feeling (I may be wrong) is that the one thing that could liven up this forum is a set of technical items on cars here is just one example

I see all these suzuki cars running round (in their own class now) with raised suspension many are still a cheap buy  but I have no idea (even after hundred of bike builds and  building one kit car) of
a raising the suspension
b making a 4 wheel drive 2 wheel

a well publicised mechanics item on here about a project like that would boost use and get people in the habit of visiting here after all habit drives posts

Alastair Queen

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 11:17:28 am »
b making a 4 wheel drive 2 wheel
Sadly, the answer to that one is, the regs now no longer permit that conversion...oly vehicles that were originally 2wd can enter trials.

Offline Stephen Bailey

• Administrator
  • AKA: Ratty.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 06:56:18 pm »
Every NOTW put a link to the Forum.
Posts by myself are personal posts and in no way are an official expression of the MCC. or the MCC Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3KP7X8RQ4

Offline Paul K

• Club Members
  • Paul Khambatta
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 08:44:24 am »
Every NOTW put a link to the Forum.
That can be easily accomplished, but what is the point if there are no new posts or topics to interest the readership of NOTW.

The forum needs more contributions.  As Tim states, the one thing that could liven up this forum is a set of technical items.  This is the sort of item that will keep people coming back to see progress and could inspire non-members/entrants to have a go.

I'd like to know how to convert a front-wheel drive Ford for trials.  How do you go about raising the ground clearance, are there long stroke McPherson struts from other models in the range that would fit, etc.  I don't want to re-invent the wheel, I want to learn from other competitors.

And it still needs a new administrator.

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 09:27:50 am »
Getting information out of the car boys is quite difficult. They are a tight lipped bunch. I found this when I needed some guidance on modifying that X90 I had. Finished up buying Paul Brooks's car which was already done.

We do need to keep this forum going, whilst I don't contribute much anymore (I work away a lot) I still fire it up regularly and see whats going on.

It would benefit from more how-to topics I agree.

Forums work best when they are the clubs only go-to place for information. Unfortunately this forum has to compete with a Facebook page and NOTW.

I still think this forum can provide a useful service though so please don't close it down.

david@whitepost.me.uk

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:38 am »
It looks like the forum is here to stay then, judging by the comments.

The only reason I started the thread is that I had been checking it about 2 to 5 times a day for a couple of months, with no or very few new entries.  What takes my time is deleting the Russian spammers trying to get accounts on the site.

The balance between 'is it worth the hassle as nobody seems to be using the forum?' seemed to be on the negative side, but if people are using it, deleting a pile of rogue applications 3 times a day doesn't seem so bad.

I'm happy to stay on as administrator, there's no question of that, but I was thinking that there was no point if folk didn't value the forum.

As it is, it's all rosey.  Just get posting.   8)

If it's up to the motorcyclists, let's take over.   ;D

Post up some of your motorcycling trip reports that you think may interest others.  Anything goes. (If it doesn't I'll delete it. :) )

Offline Jason Potts

• Club Members
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 07:16:16 pm »
If you were genuinely fed up of running this forum Dave and wanted a break, I don't mind helping out. Don't know anything about administrating a forum or how to out foil sneaky Russian interluders. so some instruction would be required. But the offer is there.

david@whitepost.me.uk

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:27 pm »
Thanks for the offer Jason.  I've PM'd you.