Benefits of membership
- MCC events: You receive the Regulations and Entry Forms for all MCC events. Remember that you must be a member of the MCC to enter MCC events. Click here to see when the Regulations and Entry Forms are mailed to members.
- Magazine: You receive the Club’s excellent thrice-yearly magazine Triple.
Click here to see when Triple is published.
- Newsletter: You receive the Club’s Monthly Newsletter either emailed, or posted, as you prefer.
- ACTC events: You may enter most events organised by the other ACTC member clubs. Regulations and Entry Forms for most events are now available to download from the ACTC website but you will get more benefits from registering with the ACTC as a Competition Member.
Applying for membership
Our events are often over-subscribed, in which case existing members have priority. We recommend that you apply for membership well in advance of the first event that you intend to enter, and you will then enjoy the priority afforded to existing members.
It is perfectly acceptable to submit your Membership Application at the same time as entering for an event but this does cause us administrative problems and we may not be able to guarantee you an entry for that event.
Online application for membership
- Go to the Members’ Area and select the link to the online membership and trials entry system.
- Select the New Member? link and follow the online registration process.
- New members may enter a trial as soon as they have completed the application process and received their membership login details.
Postal application for membership
- Print off the 2015_Membership Form
- Complete the form and mail to the Membership Secretary, at the address shown on the form, enclosing your cheque for the full subscription and joining fee.
- A Passenger/Navigator of at least 14 years of age must be carried in cars but such a person does not need to be a member of the Club.
- The MCC operates a special passenger membership category for passengers in Classes D and E who are not members of any ACU-affiliated club (including the MCC). Read the Competing on a bike page.
Renewing your membership
Your membership subscription becomes due for renewal on the 1st December each year. There are now four ways to renew your membership:
- Online renewal with Exeter Trial entry – your renewal application is processed as part of the online entry system for the Exeter Trial.
- Online renewal for members not competing in the Exeter Trial – go to the Members’ Area, select the link to the online membership and trials entry system, logon, and follow the menus to the Renew Membership option. You may renew your membership at any time after the Edinburgh Trial. You do not need to wait until the 30th November.
- Postal renewal with Exeter Trial entry – the membership renewal form is always included in the Exeter Trial Entry Pack – available from the Downloads page. Complete the renewal form, and return to the Entry Taker, with the Exeter Trial entry form. The closing date for entries, and membership renewal, is generally mid-October – refer to the introductory letter in the ‘Entry Pack’.
- Postal renewal for members not competing in the Exeter Trial – print off the Membership Renewal Form. Complete the renewal form, and return directly to the Membership Secretary. You may renew your membership at any time after the Edinburgh Trial. You do not need to wait until the 30th November.